Terms and Conditions
What is Transave?
Transave is the trading name of Enterprise Transave Payments Limited, a subsidiary of Transave Africa LLC a registered Delaware, USA entity, duly registered in Nigeria.
This Agreement is between Transave and you, the Transave Account Holder. Your Transave Account is maintained by VFD Bank on our behalf.
How to contact us
You can contact us using the chat feature on the Transave app. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on +2348037395286
1. Scope of this agreement
1.1 Your Transave Account is an e-money account held in naira. Your Transave Card associated with your Transave Account, is a prepaid card, not a credit, charge or debit card.
1.2 Your Transave Card is issued by us under our license from Visa. The Visa logo is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Your Visa Card remains our property.
1.3 Your rights and obligations relating to the use of your Transave Account and Transave Card is as set out in this Agreement between you and us; you have no rights against Visa or its respective affiliates. If you experience any difficulties in using your Transave Account, you should contact Customer Services.
1.4 This Agreement is written in English and we shall communicate with you in English regarding any aspect of your Transave Card or Transave Account.
1.5 You acknowledge that we may communicate with you by e-mail, SMS for issuing any service notices or information about your Transave Account or Transave Card and therefore it is important that you keep your e-mail address and mobile phone number updated via the Transave App. You may download a copy of this Agreement from the Website.
1.6 If you wish to use services provided by an Authorized Third-Party Provider on your Transave Account, you may do so provided that you have signed up to use the Transave App and your Transave Account is active.
1.7 We advise that before using an Authorized Third-Party Provider, you ensure that the Authorized Third-Party Provider is authorized by a Regulator to provide their services.
1.8 You must provide your explicit consent or share your Transave App credentials with the Authorized Third-Party Provider each time access to your Transave Account is required for them to provide you with their services. You should always consider the implications of sharing your Transave App credentials and your personal information.
1.9 If an Authorized Third-Party Provider requests access to your Transave Account to provide you with their services using your Transave App credentials, we will assume that you have given consent to do so. Please note we must provide access to your Transave Account if it is requested by an Authorized Third-Party Provider which is properly authorized by a Regulator and we can only refuse access in certain circumstances.
10 There is no requirement to use services provided by an Authorized Third-Party Provider in relation to your Transave Account.
2. Registering for your Transave Account
2.1 To apply for a Transave Account, you must be at least 16 years old, have a valid means of identification as detailed in our KYC requirements, and have a verifiable contact address.
2.2 We will register your Transave Account for you on the basis of the information that you have provided to us. You must provide accurate information and to tell us of any changes as soon as possible so that our records remain correct.
2.3 To use your Transave Account, you will need to download the Transave App via your mobile phone or visit the website on a browser.
2.4 To use your Transave Account, you will need to download the Transave App via your mobile phone or visit the website on a browser.
3. Receiving and activating your Transave Card
3.1 The Transave Card will be posted to your address.
3.2 When the Transave Card is received; you must sign it immediately and should then activate it via the Transave App.
3.3 Once the Transave Card has been activated, the Transave App will provide the PIN. You must never reveal the PIN to anybody. We will not reveal the PIN to a third party.
3.4 The PIN can be changed at any ATM that has PIN change functionality. When selecting or changing the PIN, you must not select a PIN that could be easily guessed, such as a number that:
• is easily associated with you, such as your telephone number or date of birth; or
• is part of data imprinted on the Transave Card; or
• consists of the same digits or a sequence of running digits;
4. Using your Transave Card
4.1 The Transave Card can be used at any Merchant to make purchases in- store, via the internet and can be used to obtain cash through ATMs (fees may apply, see paragraph 11). You can authorize a transaction on the Transave Card at any Merchant by entering your PIN or other security code. A transaction can also be authorized by tapping the Transave Card against a Contactless enabled reader. Please be aware that you may not usually stop a transaction once it has been authorized as at that point it is considered to be received by us. We may refuse to execute a transaction if the transaction is unlawful or fraudulent. We will treat the transactions as authorized and genuine if the Transave Card PIN or other security code personal to you is used.
4.2 The Transave Card is a prepaid debit card, which means that the Available Balance will be reduced by the full amount of each transaction and authorization, plus any applicable taxes and charges, including additional ATM charges if any. You must not use the Transave Card if the Full Deductible Amount exceeds the Available Balance.
4.3 Due to security safeguards, Merchants that accept the Transave Card are required to seek authorization from us for all of the transactions that are made by you. There are some circumstances where Merchants may require you to have an Available Balance greater than the value of the transaction you wish to make. You will only be charged for the actual and final value of the transaction you make. Merchants request this as they may need to access more funds than you initially planned to spend. For example:
• hotels, rental cars, and
• internet Merchants – certain internet Merchant sites will, on registration or at checkout stage, send a request for payment authorization to verify if funds are available. This will temporarily impact the Available Balance. Also please bear in mind that many sites will not deduct payment until goods are dispatched so please be aware of this when checking the Available Balance to make sure sufficient funds are available to cover all purchases.
4.4 The Transave Card cannot be used in situations where it is not possible to obtain online authorization that you have sufficient balance for the transaction. For example, but not limited to: transactions on trains, ships, and some in-flight purchases.
4.5 The Transave Card should not be used as a form of identification.
4.6 The Transave Card may not be used for any illegal purpose or in any manner prohibited by law, nor for gambling, for any adult entertainment or for Quasi Cash transactions.
4.7 We may ask you to surrender any Transave Cards at any time for a valid reason in accordance with the provisions in paragraph 14 of this Agreement.
4.8 If a retailer agrees to give a refund for a purchase made using the Transave Card, the funds will be added to the Available Balance of the Transave Account when we receive the funds from the retailer.
4.9 The Transave Card can be used to make transactions in a currency other than naira (“foreign currency transaction”), the amount deducted from your Transave Account will be converted to naira on the day we receive details of that foreign currency transaction. We will use a rate set by Visa, which will be available on each Working Day and changes in the exchange rate shall take effect immediately. Exchange rates can fluctuate and they may change between the time you authorize a transaction and the time it is deducted from your Available Balance. You can find out the exchange rate applied to a transaction in your transaction history.
5. Transave Card expiry
5.1 The expiry date of the Transave Card is printed on the front. You will not be able to use your Transave Card once it expires. We may send you a replacement Card if requested (fees may apply, see paragraph 11).
5.2 Any Available Balance remaining on the Transave Account at Transave Card expiry will remain yours for a period of six years from the expiry date. Within this period, you may at any time transfer any Available Balance on the Transave Account to a bank account (subject to Transave Account Limits). You will not have an access to your Transave Account and we will not return any funds remaining on the Transave Account after six years from Transave Card expiry and this Agreement will terminate.
6. Using your Transave Account
6.1Subject to Transave Account Limits, the Transave Account can be used for setting up recurring payment, for making airtime and bill payments, and for making and receiving transfers. You are entitled to only one Account.
Adding funds to your Transave Account
6.2 Subject to Transave Account Limits, funds can be added to the Transave Account via transfers from another Transave Account, via bank transfers to your Transave VFD Account and authorized cards. The Transave Account Details will be required for adding funds via one of these methods. Funds can also be added to the Transave Account by Transave transferring funds from Transave’ account to your Transave Account. Depending on how the funds are added to the Transave Account, fees may apply see paragraph 11.
6.3 A payment coming into your Transave Account may not be credited to your Transave Account if:
• the Transave Account has reached the Transave Account Maximum Balance or Transave Account Limits; or
• the Account is inactive or blocked; or
• the sender has provided incorrect/invalid Transave Account Details for your Transave Account; or
• we suspect fraudulent activity on the Transave Account; or
• to do so is prohibited by any law.
6.4 The funds may be sent back to the sender without notifying you if paragraph 6.3 applies.
6.5To make a bank transfer from your Transave Account, you will need to provide the bank name and account number of the person you wish to pay. To make a Transave account transfer, you will need the phone number of the person you wish to pay.
Receiving Payments with Transave Payment Link
6.6 By receiving payments using the Transave Payment Link, you agree to bear the full responsibility of providing the products and/or services for which the payment link was created. You are solely responsible for your products and services paid for using our payment link product. We are under no obligation to respond to your customers’ inquiries about your products and services. You agree to submit all refunds for returns of your products and services that were paid for through the Transave Payment Link to your customers in accordance with this agreement.
6.7 In the event of a dispute by your customer, related to not getting promised value, you agree to refund the full or partial payment to the affected customer. Failure to do so will result in termination or suspension of your account as stated in paragraph 14 of this document.
6.8Payments received with via Transave Payment Link will be settled into your wallet instantly. Charges may apply as stated in paragraph 11.
Making Payments with Transave Payment Link
6.9 By using this service, you agree that on only the merchant (payment link creator) is liable to provide the products and/or services for which the payment was made. Please ensure that you are paying to a trusted payment link creator as we will not be obligated to refund you in the event that you do not get the promised value.
6.10To report a merchant that you suspect is fraudulent, kindly send a mail to email@example.com.
Saving with Transave
6.11 There is no monthly fee for using Transave savings services, we reserve the right to change fees for the services in the future. We will notify you before charging a fee for the services by delivering notice to you electronically, by posting such fee on the Website, or by any other method permitted by applicable law. If you continue using the services after such notice, you must pay all applicable fees for the services.
6.12 You can only withdraw from your savings box at the end of the duration you specified for that plan. Withdrawing before the due date attracts charges to your savings.
6.13 To set up a Recurring Payment from your Transave Account, you must first authorize the merchant taking recurring payment payments from the Transave account.
6.14 If a Recurring Payment on the Transave Account specifies that a payment is to take place on a specified day or on the last day of a certain period, then we will treat the payment instruction as being received on the day specified.
6.15 Any Recurring payment is usually taken from the Transave Account at the beginning of the Working Day it is due.
6.16 It is your responsibility to check if there is sufficient Available Balance before any payment is due. If your Transave Account does not have sufficient Available Balance, any Recurring payment will be rejected.
Authorization for payments and stopping payments
6.17 It is your responsibility to ensure correct recipient Account details and payment amount is provided when making any payment or setting up a payee. You are responsible if you give us incorrect instructions or mistakenly instruct us to make the same payment more than once, but we will try to help you get the money back. We may not always be able to do this, but we will do all we can. If we cannot get the money back, you can request the relevant information we have about the transaction to help you reclaim the money. We will provide this information on receiving a written request from you, unless the law prevents us from doing so.
6.18 You can authorize us to make a payment from your Transave Account via the Transave App by setting up electronic payments and giving us instructions via a third party, such as through a direct debit scheme. We will treat a payment as authorized by you if:
• the transaction was authorized from the Transave App using the required entry passcode or credentials and that the payee had been approved;
•you have set up or agreed to any Recurring Payments to be taken from your Transave Account.
6.19 We may refuse to execute or process a payment (without prior notice to you) if:
• the Transave Account does not have sufficient Available Balance to cover the payment; or
• the Transave Account is suspended or closed; or
• the Transave Account has reached its Transave Account Limits; o
• we need to do so to comply with the rules of the payment system; or
• we suspect fraudulent activity on the Transave Account or the payment is unlawful or fraudulent; or
• we are concerned about fraud or unauthorized access to the Transave Account by third party; or
• required to comply with any law.
6.20 If we refuse to process a payment under paragraph 6.12:
• we will not be liable for any loss this may result in, nor will we be obliged to inform the intended recipient.
• you can check the Transave Account to ensure there was enough Available Balance and/or that correct recipient details were provided at the point when the transaction was authorized or payee set up, or you can ask us why we have not executed a payment by contacting Customer Services. Unless the law prevents us, we will explain why and we will also tell you what you can do to correct any errors in the Payment Instruction.
• because we or Transave are concerned under paragraph 6.18.6 In this event, Transave will contact you using the contact details provided by you or by leaving a message on the Transave App as soon as possible or in advance if possible, to explain why we have refused to process the payment, unless we are prohibited by the law or we have security reasons to do so.
6.21 You may not be able to stop any payments once it has been authorized by you or a third party. However, you may be able to stop a Recurring payment provided that:
• the Recurring Payment is cancelled one hour before the Transave Account is due to be debited; and
• the payment has not already been made.
6.22 If you stop or cancel a Recurring Payment, you must tell the recipient to whom the Recurring Payment is payable. We will not be responsible if you fail to inform them and the recipient will not have any claim against us.
6.23 If, for any reason, a payment is processed for an amount greater than the Available Balance on your Transave Account, you must repay us the amount by which the Full Deductible Amount exceeds your Available Balance immediately after receiving an invoice from us. Should you not repay this amount immediately after receiving an invoice from us we reserve the right to take all steps necessary, including legal action and/or closing your Transave Account, to recover any monies outstanding.
6.24 The Available Balance on your Transave Account will not earn any interest.
7. Using your Transave Account
7.1 You can check the Available Balance and transaction history on the Transave Account via the Transave App.
7.2 You can check the Available Balance at an ATM using Card.
7.3 We will make your monthly Transave Account statements available in the Transave App free of charge and every month we will send a push notification, SMS or email to notify you that your statement has been updated.
8. Using your Transave Account
8.1 You may cancel your Transave Account and any Transave Cards before activating them, and up to 14 calendar days after the date of activation (“cancellation period”), by calling Customer Services. You may transfer any Available Balance to a bank account (subject to Account Limits) before cancelling the Transave Account.
8.2 You may close your Transave Account at any time after the cancellation period and redeem any Available Balance on the Transave Account through the Transave App by contacting Customer Services. Alternatively, you may at any time transfer any Available Balance to a bank account (subject to Transave Account Limits) and call Customer Services to close the Transave Account.
8.3 Once the Available Balance is redeemed and the Transave Account is closed, your Agreement will terminate. However, if paragraph 8.5 applies to your Transave Account then your Transave Account will remain active and your Agreement will continue to apply to you until there is no money outstanding on your Transave Account.
8.4 All Direct Debit transactions that were set up on the Transave Account will be rejected once your Transave Account is closed.
8.5 If we find any additional withdrawals, fees or charges have been incurred on your Transave Account following the processing of the redemption request, we’ll send an itemized invoice to you and we will require you to refund us immediately after receiving the invoice. Should you not repay this amount immediately after receiving an invoice from us we reserve the right to take all steps necessary, including legal action, to recover any monies outstanding.
9. Your liability and authorizations
9.1 You are responsible for the use of your Transave Account and any Transave Cards issued for your Transave Account.
9.2 We may restrict or refuse to authorize any use of your Transave Account and any Transave Cards issued to your Transave Account including transactions in any legal jurisdiction if using the Transave Card or Transave Account is causing or could cause a breach of this Agreement or if we have reasonable grounds for suspecting that you or a third party has committed or is about to commit a crime or other abuse in connection with the Transave Card or Transave Account.
9.3 Where appropriate, any refusal to authorize a Transave Card transaction will be relayed to you via the Merchant concerned.
9.4 It is your responsibility to sign your Transave Card as soon as you receive it and keeps it safe. You must also keep safe any security information or credentials related to the Transave Card, Transave Account and Transave App.
9.5 You will be liable for all unauthorized transactions that arise from the use of a lost or stolen Transave Card or Transave Account security information or the misappropriation of the Transave Card if you fail to:
• keep the Transave Card and/or security features of the Transave Card and Transave Account safe, or
• notify us that the Transave Card is lost or stolen.
9.6 You must ensure you do not:
• allow another person to use your Transave Card, PIN or security information related to the Transave Account.
• write down password(s), PIN or any security information related to Transave Card, Transave Account and Transave App unless this is done in a way that would make it impossible for anyone else to recognize any of that information, or
• disclose your PIN or any security information related to your Transave Card, Transave Account and Transave App, or otherwise make them available to any other person, whether verbally or by entering them in a way that allows them to be observed by others; or
• enter the PIN in any ATM that does not look genuine, has been modified, has a suspicious device attached or is operating in a suspicious manner.
9.7 You should never allow a third party other than an Intermediary Payment Service Provider to use or access your Transave Account.
9.8 You must not disclose or make available your Transave App credentials to a third party unless the third party is a Payment Service Provider and you want to use their services.
9.9 You will be responsible for all transactions which you authorize, whether such transactions are made by you from the Transave Account or by authorizing a third party to do so on your behalf.
9.10 You will be liable for all transactions that take place as a result of you acting fraudulently or failing to comply with this Agreement with intent or gross negligence. Any such transactions and any fees and charges relating to such transactions will be deducted from the Available Balance on your Transave Account.
9.11 It is your responsibility to keep us updated of changes to your information, including e-mail address and mobile numbers. Failure to do so may result in us being unable to contact you regarding your Transave Account, including the provision of refunds to which you might be entitled or to let you know about changes to this Agreement.
9.12 You agree to indemnify and hold harmless, us and our distributors, partners, agents, sponsors, and service providers and their group companies from and against the costs of any legal action taken to enforce this Agreement and/or any breach of this Agreement or fraudulent use of the Transave Card, Transave Account, Transave App log in details, or PIN by or authorized by you.
9.13 The Transave App is supported on Apple iPhones running iOS versions where the operating system has not been modified, or jailbroken, or configured to allow software installation from anything other than the Apple App Store. Use of the Transave App on such a device is at your risk and Transave can be held responsible for any loss or data, information or financial loss.
10. Lost stolen or damaged Transave Card
10.1 In the event of loss, theft, fraud or any other risk of an unauthorized use of the Transave Card or Transave Account, or if the Transave Card is damaged or malfunctions, you must block or Deactivate your Transave Card via the Transave App immediately or contact Customer Services.
10.2 In the event that you notify us in accordance with this Agreement that your Transave Card, security information related to your Transave Account or Transave Card or Transave App credentials has been lost or stolen you will be liable for a maximum of N30,000 of any loss that takes place prior to us being notified.
10.3 Provided that you have informed us in accordance with paragraph 10.1 and that paragraph 10.4 does not apply, then you will not be liable for losses that take place following the date on which you informed Customer Services. If there is an Available Balance remaining on your Transave Account, you can request for a replacement Transave Card for your Transave Account. If we replace the Transave Card, the replacement will be delivered to your address (fees apply, see paragraph 11).
10.4 In the event that we have reason to believe that you have acted fraudulently or have acted with gross negligence or intentionally in failing to notify us of the lost or stolen Transave Card or have failed to keep your Transave Card or security information related to your Transave Card and Transave Account safe or you have breached this Agreement then you shall be liable for all losses.
11.1 Your Transave Account is subject to the following fees. The fees detailed below relate to the core bundle of services provided to you that are core services in relation to normal use of your Transave Account. Our revenue is generated by the core fees that we charge to you. The other fees are charged to you on an ad hoc basis when certain services are used/required by you on your Transave account.
|Creating an account||₦0|
|Maintaining the account||₦0|
|SMS||₦5 per SMS (Billed monthly)|
|Wallet funding via card||₦0|
|Wallet funding via bitcoin||₦0|
|Wallet funding via bank transfer||₦0|
|Bill Payment||₦5 per SMS (Billed monthly)|
|Fund with Crypto Currency||2% of each successful transaction.|
Dollar Card Fees
|Creating a Dollar Card||$5 (One-time fee)|
|Dollar Card Transaction (Within USA)||$0|
|Dollar Card Transaction (Outside USA)||$1|
Request Payment Fee
|Creating a payment link||₦0|
|Link Payments Received||₦100 for payments above ₦10,000.|
12. Unauthorized and incorrect transactions
12.1 If you have a reason to believe that a transaction on your Transave Account was unauthorized by you or a Payment Service Provider or was made incorrectly, you must inform us immediately, but in any event within 13 months of the date of the relevant transaction.
12.2 If you report unauthorized transaction to us:
• We will by the end of the next Working Day refund the unauthorized amount including any fees to your Transave Account to the position it would have been in if the unauthorized transaction had not taken place.
• We are not obliged to refund the unauthorized sums to you if we have reason to believe that you have acted fraudulently and we may notify the police or any other authority permitted by law. If we don’t provide a refund by the end of the next Working Day but subsequently confirm that the transaction was unauthorized, we will refund the sums to you straight away.
• We will have no further liability to you once we have refunded the unauthorized sums to you. If we subsequently discover that you were not entitled to a refund, we shall treat the refund as a mistake and be entitled to reapply the transaction, including any fees, to your Transave Account.
• You will be liable for all unauthorized transactions made from your Transave Account if you have acted fraudulently or deliberately or with gross negligence failed to keep the Transave Card, Transave Card security information or Transave App credentials safe in accordance with this Agreement, or where you have failed to notify us without undue delay on becoming aware that the Transave Card, security information related to the Transave Card or Transave App credentials has been lost or stolen.
• You will not be liable for unauthorized transactions from your Transave Account after you have told us that the Transave Card, Transave Card security information or Transave App credentials has been lost, stolen or compromised.
12.3 If you tell us that a transaction has been made incorrectly, after we are informed, we will immediately refund your Transave Account with sufficient funds including any charges to restore your Transave Account to the same position as if the incorrect transaction had not been made. However, this will not apply if:
• any Payment Instructions you gave us were incorrect. If so, we will make reasonable efforts to recover your money if the payment has gone missing, but we may charge you a fee to cover our costs in doing so. We will tell you how much it is before we start recovery process.
• we can show that the payment was actually received by the other bank (in which case they will be liable).
12.4 If funds have been paid in to your Transave Account by mistake, we can take the funds back out of your Account and/or put a hold on the money so it cannot be spent.
• We don’t have to tell you before we take the money back or put a hold on the money.
• If funds go into your Transave Account by mistake, we are required to provide sufficient details about you and the incorrect payment to the bank or institution that sent the payment to enable them to recover the funds.
12.5 Where you have agreed that another person can take a payment from your Transave Account (e.g. if you have given your Transave Card details to a retailer for the purpose of making a payment for renting a car or booking a hotel room), you can ask us to refund a payment if all the following conditions are satisfied:
• the authorization given did not specify the exact amount to be paid;
• the amount that has been charged to your Transave Account was more than you could reasonably have expected to pay, based on the circumstances, including previous spending patterns; and
• you make the refund request within eight weeks of the date when the payment was taken from your Transave Account.
12.6 Where you have agreed that another person can take a payment from your Transave Account (e.g. if you have given your Transave Card details to a retailer for the purpose of making a payment for renting a car or booking a hotel room), you can ask us to refund a payment if all the following conditions are satisfied:
• the authorization given did not specify the exact amount to be paid;
• the amount that has been charged to your Transave Account was more than you could reasonably have expected to pay, based on the circumstances, including previous spending patterns; and
• you make the refund request within eight weeks of the date when the payment was taken from your Transave Account.
12.7 We may ask you to provide information as is reasonably necessary to verify that conditions in paragraph 12.5.1 to 12.5.3 are met.
12.8 If you ask us to make a refund under paragraph 12.5 then, within 10 Working Days of the date we receive your request (or if we ask for more information under paragraph 12.6, within 10 Working Days of the date we receive that information) we will either:
• refund the payment in full; or
• tell you the reasons why we do not agree to the refund. You will not be entitled to a refund under paragraph 5 if:
• you have given us your consent for the payment to be made; and
• where applicable we (or the person or a Merchant you agreed to pay) have given you information on the payment in question at least four weeks before the due date of the payment; or
• if the payment in question was higher than you reasonably expected to pay is due to a change in any currency exchange rate.
13.1 We may change this Agreement, including fees and limits by providing you with at least two months prior notice by e-mail (provided you have supplied us with an up-to-date e-mail address) and will ensure the most recent version is always available on the Transave App.
13.2 If you do not agree with the changes to the Agreement, you may at any time within the two months’ notice period terminate your Agreement and close your Transave Account in accordance with paragraph 8.2 at that time without a charge. However, in the event you do not cancel during this period then you will be deemed to have accepted them and the changes will apply to you.
13.3 There are some situations where we can make changes to this Agreement and we do not have to tell you in advance. These are changes you probably expect because of the nature of the product or service, or that you won’t mind about because they are favorable to you. We do not have to tell you personally in advance when any of the following happen:
• If the change is in your favor, if we reduce your charges, if we make this Agreement fairer to you, or if we introduce a new service or feature from which you can benefit.
• We make a change because a change in law or regulation says that we have to by a particular date, and there isn’t time to give you notice.
13.4 If any part of this Agreement is inconsistent with any regulatory requirements then we will not rely on that part but treat it as if it did actually reflect the relevant regulatory requirement. If we need to make operational changes before, we can fully comply with the new regulatory requirement, we will make those changes as soon as reasonably practical. We will update our Agreement to reflect the new regulatory requirements when they are next reprinted.
14. Termination or Suspension
14.1 We can terminate this Agreement at any time:
• if we give you two months’ notice and refund the Available Balance to you without charge, or
• with immediate effect if you have breached this Agreement, or if we have reason to believe that you have used, or intend to use the Transave Card or Transave Account in a grossly negligent manner or for fraudulent or other unlawful purposes or if we can no longer process your transactions due to the actions of third parties.
14.2 We can suspend or terminate your Transave Card, Transave Account and Transave Account Details at any time with immediate effect (and until your default has been remedied or the Agreement terminated) without any prior notice to you if:
• we discover any of the information that you have provided to us when applied for your Transave Account was incorrect; or
• we believe that this is necessary for security reasons; or
• we suspect or to prevent suspected unauthorized or fraudulent use of your Transave Card, Transave Account or any security credentials related to any Transave Cards or Transave Account; or
• if you have reached your Transave Account Limit; or
• any legal obligations require us to do so; or
• you have breached this Agreement or we have reason to believe that you have used, or intend to use the Transave Card or Transave Account or the Transave App credentials in a grossly negligent manner or for fraudulent or other unlawful purposes or if we cannot process any transactions due to the actions of third parties.
14.3 In the event that we do suspend or terminate your Transave Account then if we are able to do so, we will tell you in advance otherwise we will let you know immediately afterwards (to the extent the we are permitted by law). We may advise anyone involved in the transaction if a suspension has taken place.
14.4 In the event that any additional fees are found to have been incurred on your Transave Account following termination by either you or us, then subject to this Agreement, you shall refund to us any sum which relates to a withdrawal on the Transave Account or fees and/or charges validly applied whether before or after termination. We will send an invoice to you and will require you to refund us immediately. Should you not repay this amount immediately after receiving an invoice from us we reserve the right to take all steps necessary, including legal action, to recover any monies outstanding.
15. Our liability
15.1 Subject to paragraph 15.2, our liability in connection with this Agreement (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) shall be subject to the following exclusions and limitations:
• we shall not be liable for any default resulting directly or indirectly from any cause beyond our control, including but not limited to, a lack of funds and/or failure of network services at ATMs, maximum withdrawal limits set by ATM operators and failure of data processing systems;
• we shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, or any indirect, consequential, special or punitive losses;
• where the Transave Card is faulty due to our default, our liability shall be limited to replacement of the Transave Card, or at our choice, redemption of the Available Balance;
• where sums are incorrectly deducted from your Available Balance due to our default, our liability shall be limited to payment to you of an equivalent amount;
• in the unlikely event that sums are deducted from your Available Balance but you did not authorize such deduction in accordance with this Agreement then our liability shall be as set out in paragraph 12; and
• in all other circumstances of our default, our liability will be limited to redemption of the Available Balance.
15.2 Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit our liability for
i. death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or
ii. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or
iii. any other liability which may not be limited or excluded by law.
15.3 To the extent permitted by law, all conditions or warranties implied by law, statute or otherwise are expressly excluded.
15.4 The above exclusions and limitations set out in this paragraph shall apply to any liability of our affiliates such as Visa, and other suppliers, contractors, agents or distributors and any of their respective affiliates (if any), to you, which may arise in connection with this Agreement.
15.5 In the event of suspected or actual fraud or security threat to your Transave Card or Transave Account, we will use SMS, telephone, post, email or another secure procedure to contact you. We may ask you to verify your identity for security purposes.
16. Your information
16.2 If you allow or give consent to a Payment Service Provider to access your Transave Account to provide their services to you, you should know that we have no control over how a Payment Service Provider will use your information nor will we be liable for any loss of information after a Payment Service Provider has access to your information.
17.1 You may not assign or transfer any of your rights and/or benefits under this Agreement and you shall be the sole party to the contract between us. You will remain liable until all Transave Africa accounts issued to you are terminated and all sums due under this agreement have been paid by you in full. We may assign our rights and benefits at any time without prior written notice to you. We may subcontract any of our obligations under this Agreement.
18. Contacting Customer Service
18.1 If you have a query regarding your Transave Account, please refer to the FAQs on the Website or you can contact us using the in-App chat function, or by emailing us at support@Transave.afica or call us on +2349067983726.
18.2 Lost, damaged or stolen Transave Cards can be reported via the Transave App and also by calling +2349067983726 (available 24 hours a day).